Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_2_] RBM[_2_] is offline

Default Using recessed clock outlet in back of fridge to save space

Typically counter depth refrigerators have a very small, very specific
location where the outlet MUST be installed, where this won't be an issue. A
clock outlet won't work with a right angle plug, the recessed area is to
small and the plug won't seat all the way into the outlet

"Mikepier" wrote in message
I recently renovated my kitchen and had gotten a counter depth fridge.
What I've noticed is that it does stick out a little and I noticed
that it's because the right angle plug is hitting the back of the
fridge. Apparantly, GE fails to inform you that the plug is 1+ inch
thick. Plus the outlet, even though it is installed corectly, does
stick out of the wall a little.
I was thinking of installing a recessed clock outlet so that the plug
is recessed to eliminate this problem. Has anyone done this before?