wallster

Default can't pass up usefull trash

Greg O wrote in message

"Wayne Cook" wrote in message
You definitely have to other things as well. Just fixing mowers

won't cut the mustard.

Yup! Just mowers will kill you quick, certainly around here! I did do

pretty
much anything I could to make a buck! The winters here are hard on a small
shop with limited equipment. I would go from haveing two or three guys
working for me in the summer, to having zero work to do in the winter. I

did
some welding and metal fabricating but it seemed that work also followed

the
seasons.
Also the area I live in is heavily zoned. You don't just open a repair

shop
in your back yard, not one of any size anyway. I do some repairs in my

shop
in the evenings and weekends, but I need to keep it low key. My neighbor

was
turned into the city for working an cars in his garage, and so have I. The
funny thing was when I was turned in I was not working on other peoples
stuff, just my own, which the city can do nothering about! I spent the
better part of the summer getting my grandpa's old John Deere restored for

antuque equipment show. Check out

http://myweb.cableone.net/goo1959/jd.htm#a
for a couple of pics. The day the inspector stopped by I had the tractor

on
a trailer, hooked up to a motor home, all ready to leave for the show. I

was
at work, but he mailed a letter and I talked to him on the phone later. He
just laughed it off, said he knew what I was doing!
Greg

if i lived in a real nice manicured neighborhood and my next door neighbor
had **** all over the place and was making racket all night i would still
walk over and talk to him before i called the zoning dept. hey, rules are
rules i guess, but sometimes just talking to someone can set the record
straight. Nice tractor... i love the wheels!

walt