Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Anyone modified snowblower exhaust?

On Feb 5, 10:48*am, Darryl wrote:
My snowblower, probably like a lot of them, has the muffler located
right smack in front of the operator. *I smell like a refinery after
30 minutes of snowblowing.

Has anyone heard or seen of anyone putting a black iron pipe extension
on the exhaust, then putting the muffler on the end of that, in order
to extend the exhaust out or up? *I'd love to be able to route the
exhaust fumes somewhere other than right in front of me.

My only concern would be any possible backpressure created by a longer
exhaust pipe.

Maybe an extension, flexible pipe might work. moving the muffler and
not designing good brackets could put excess strain on the head.