Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ned Simmons Ned Simmons is offline

Default Joining aluminum to aluminum mesh

On Mon, 4 Feb 2008 23:38:34 -0800 (PST), Dimi Shahbaz
wrote:

As far as thickness, I think that's a problem. I want to use regular
commercial aluminum foil, so 0.2 mm thickness. The diameter of the
mesh will be 3", the foil will extend past that a few inches. If it
can be made in the thousands, that would be ideal, and preferably at a
low cost. Non-corrosive metals other than aluminum would be fine as
well, if the process is easier.

RTV silicone should work. There are easily available formulations good
up to 500F. The common hardware store stuff is usable to 350F. More
exotic flavors go higher.

Some sort of air powered dispenser and perhaps some fixturing would be
helpful if you're making thousands.

--
Ned Simmons