Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
steamer steamer is offline

Default Fixing broken bandsaw blades

--Well I bit the bullet and made an alignment jig but I'm not sure
I've got all the fiddly bits set up right. Has anyone got photos of one
they've made up somewhere?
What prompted the build: a pal came by with a blade that was broken;
I ground the ends and butted them together on a corner of the welding table
(awkward), then whipped out the tig torch and voila! Poof! No blade! So I
needed a nice brazing jig. I guess grinding at an angle is not recommended
either, yes?

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : The impeachment process
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : exists for a reason...