PrecisionMachinisT

Default Small motor wiring...

"Wild Bill" wrote in message
It is what it is, not because that's my opinion, but because it was
manufactured that way.
If it doesn't run when wired as a PSC, then the obvious conclusion is that
it's defective.

It will remain a mystery as long as you want it to. Motor windings aren't

huge mystery surrounded by a lot of other electrical characteristics.. a
static DC ohms reading is conclusive on such a short length of wire
(regardless of what it's inside of, or what it's wound around).

The dot beside the triangle in the list notes indicates the capacitor

value
I mentioned.

The start winding you again refer to, does not exist.
Both "windings" need power applied for the rotor to begin rotating. There

is
essentially only one winding, with a center tap.

How many ways do you suppose can we explain this all to him without coming
to the conclusion that he is exceedingly dense ???

Gimmee a break man......either he is a genuine unadulterated trool, else he
shouldnt be allowed to change a freeking light bulb...........

Tim---one more time, its a combination of the coil orientation due to
physical motor construction and phase lag due to the introduction of a
capacitor into an inductive circuit......

A single phase ac induction motor cannot start if energized on only a single
winding.

--

SVL