Posted to alt.electronics
John Fields John Fields is offline

Default Wattage

On Tue, 05 Feb 2008 09:30:40 GMT, "Bobby" wrote:

"John Fields" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 04 Feb 2008 08:21:05 GMT, "Bobby" wrote:

Something just occured to me, I wonder if there exists a self resetting
fuse
at a reasonable price???

---
http://www.circuitprotection.com/polyswitch.asp

--
JF

I've decided to use this option - quite affordable (+/-1A/30V = $AU$1.26)

Now the next problem.........
A circuit having three outputs (FETs), same scenario as previous, each
output to limit 1A.
Now, do I use 1 overall polyswitch at 3A or one 1A per output ??

If a 3A poly is used and a user decides to use only one of the outputs, but
loads it to 2.5/3A the poly won't help, as that output FET will fry!
So I suppose to hell with cost, it'll have to be one x 1A per output!!

---
Yup.
---

Thanks for the info on the Polyswitches John - you've been a great help.

---
My pleasure! :-)