Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Flat Roof Question

"Mike Dobony" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 05 Feb 2008 00:33:08 GMT, JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

"Mike Dobony" wrote in message
Any ideas for a good DIY way to do an almost flat roof, at or about a
1or2-12 pitch? Thanks.

Mike D.

Do what? Build one? Fix one? More info needed.

Sorry, cover one. The previous owner did 3 tab on the front porch and did
a poor job of laying down rollout on the back porch.

If it was really flat, and I was a really good carpenter (which I'm not),
I'd rip it off and redesign it to have some pitch. But, that's based on my
opinion that you have to be insane to have a flat roof by choice. One of my
neighbors did that, though. He ripped his porch roof down to the beams, and
had a carpenter install a pitched roof. Wasn't that expensive, although the
neighbor did the tar paper & shingles himself.

As far as your slightly pitched roof, I'm not understanding why you wouldn't
install the usual paper + shingles just as with a roof that had more of a
pitch. Just do it right.