Posted to sci.electronics.repair
PaPaPeng PaPaPeng is offline

Default TV Remote Sensor Problem.

On Mon, 4 Feb 2008 08:17:39 -0800, "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:

I do think it is the signal decoder uP that is kaput.

This is possible, but unlikely. You need to find another universal remote to
confirm this.

The last time I asked about the Sony TV replacement
remote they wanted $65. No, thank you.

I bought a replacement remote for my Sony DVD player a few years back, and
it was about $15. Apparently Sony has learned its lesson.

Any Sony remote for a Sony TV, VCR, or DVD player should control your TV.

Yup. Tried all my other Sony remotes and only the ON/OFF works.

Anyway took out the PCB's. Everything is on the main board. The
front panel was just all switches and the photosensor, no signal
processing circuitry anywhere. Cleaned whatever I could reach. The
main PCB had DIP type pin spacing but too complex for me to even want
to try fiddling with anything. Put everything back in place. Now a
new weird problem. It won't latch ON. I keep hearing a clicking
sound as if a mechanical switch was trying to latch on and the front
panel ON light blinked in unision. But there is no solenoid on the
PCB and I can't locate the source of the click (1 sec interval). I
can't imagine a solid state latch making the noise or can it?

Any hints? All I want is the status quo ante with the video and audio
OK without the remote.