Posted to rec.woodworking
Owen Lawrence Owen Lawrence is offline

Default Table saw motor clicking loudly under load

Whirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

wrote in message

If I can get to the store on Monday I'm going to buy a new pulley (etc.).
You've given me some confidence that it will fix the problem. Thanks,
Leon!

- Owen -

replace the key also. the pulley should come with a new setscrew.

get a good machine quality pulley. ace hardware and home depot are
unlikely to have them- go to a bearing and belt supply type of place.

I got the new pulley and key this morning from the saw vendor (Busy Bee
Tools). I forgot to check for a set screw, and didn't find out it was
missing until I got home. Oh well. I installed the new pulley with the old
set screw, realigned everything, put on my new link belt and powered it up.

No problem! I made a few cuts and already it's smoother than it ever was.
It's a bit premature to declare complete success, but let's just say I
dabbed a bit of loctite on the metal interfaces, replaced the belt guard,
and torqued down all the bolts.

Thanks, guys! You're the best!

- Owen -