Old Nick

Default can't pass up usefull trash

On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 21:20:41 -0500, Wayne Cook
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

I have been on the other side of that. As I was entering a small town,
the exhaust system fell of my Toyota truck right at the
header/manifold.

I went to three petrol stations looking for a suitable nut or two and
was sent to Old Fred. Old Fred had junk coming out of his ears!

He walked into this shed that was chokkas, and came out about 1 minute
later with two nuts to suit. I reckon he teleported them from
Aldebaran or something.

He would not take any money. He seemed to fail to realise that the
fact that they were "only a couple of nuts" was eclipsed by the fact
that he was the _only person in a sizeable country town_ who could
service that toyota.

Well he was referred here by the local parts store. :-)

Jim (with a personal thing for Bosch electrics...)

PS. Wayne you might want to check your driveway and fenceposts.
He probably found the standard hobo's "Good Magnetos Here"
symbol chalked there someplace.

What do those symbols look like. I think I need to go chalks some
more. :-)

Wayne Cook
Shamrock, TX
http://members.dslextreme.com/users/waynecook