Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default Project idea: cieling shelf for model train

EXT wrote:
Your "model" train diagram shows three rails (one in the middle) and
1 1/4" spacing between the outside rails, most dedicated modellers
would classify this train as a toy train as it does not approach
scale modeling in any aspect.

Standard 0 gage track, runs on AC. One sometimes has to make
sacrifices of precision in favor of pragmatism.

Besides, many real trains _do_ have three rails, although not in that
precise layout.

"Wayne Boatwright" wrote in message
3.184...
On Sat 02 Feb 2008 08:58:51a, told us...

I just created a new website dedicated to building a display case
for a running model train. The design shows how to build a
display
case mounted only six inches below the cieling, that runs around
the
parimeter of the room. It works in almost any room, and it
doesn't
take up usable space. It is a clasier version than normal, with
plexiglass, crown molding, and a hidden rope light for asthetics.
Anyways, I thought I would share it with the world, and I figured
this was a good place to start. Let me know what you think!

www.ulvr.com/john/train

John

Very nice, John. It reminds me an installation in a very old
hamburger restaurant in Rocky River, OH. They had a train running
the perimeter of the room close to the ceiling for many decades.
It
was always charming.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Saturday, 02(II)/02(II)/08(MMVIII)
Today is: Groundhog Day
Being down ain't being loser. (Iggy Pop)

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)