Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Outside Window Shutters?

On Mon 04 Feb 2008 02:21:30p, ron told us...

I'm planing to put window shutters on the street facing outside
windows this spring and have some questions (the exterior of the house
has flat wood composition siding):
Wood or plastic? What is the easiest way to install them? What are
some good online sources?
Thank you for your suggestions.

I suppose it's really a matter of preference. We have flat wood siding and
we installed prefinished heavy guage plastic shutters. The mounting
hardware was included and the installation was a snap. You can also buy
pastic shutters with a primer coat should you wish to custom paint them.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Monday, 02(II)/04(IV)/08(MMVIII)
Check book: a book with a unhappy ending.