Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Chuck[_11_] Chuck[_11_] is offline

Default Can I use Deoxit D5 to clean 37 yr old silicone loaded controls?

On Mon, 4 Feb 2008 16:44:37 -0800 (PST), wrote:

I have a 37 year old H/K Citation 11 Pre-amp. The sliding audio
equalizers, volume and balance controls are silicone loaded. There is
a warning label inside the unit, that says because they are silicone
loaded, not to use commercial cleaners on them. Can I use DeoxIT D5
to clean them? After 37 years, how much silicone is left in these?
Any other suggestions?

Deoxit D5 doesn't work well but this does. Caig Labs F100S-L2
DeoxIT FaderLube Spray. Chuck