Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair
robb robb is offline

Default what or how to check CRT HV anode wire repair ?

"Jim Yanik" wrote in message
"robb" wrote in
:

I changed the CRT HV anode wire on TEK o'scope by ...
- removing the silicon glued cover/cap
- desolder old anode lead
- clean silicon
- solder new anode lead
- re-silicon the lead cover/cap

Now ? is there any test i should perform to make sure i did

the
job correctly/well ?

I'd allow a sufficient time for the silicone to cure FULLY.
Otherwise,it becomes a leakage path.

Better to wait too long than too little.
Jim Yanik

Hello Jim,

Thanks for help.

I created a mock up cap and silicon seal on a piece of glass
just after the repair cap and seal so that i could check in 24
hours to see where the mock up was in the curring cycle.

I was planning to wait 24 hours, check the mock up curring and
then see if i should wait another 24.

Thanks for the help ,
robb