Joel Corwith

Default can't pass up usefull trash

"wallster" wrote in message
I think the major reason people chuck stuff is that we take for granted

that
everyone can fix stuff. My brother is helpless when it comes to any type

of
repair. If he were to take his 8 year old lawnmower somewhere (if he could
find a place that repairs to begin with) by the time he paid for parts and
labor, (and waited 2-3 weeks) he would have 75% of a new one paid for. So
guys like us snag them by the curb, clean the carb, toss in a plug and
change the oil. We sell it for $20-$30. and would already be using his
$119.00 brand new murray lawnmower from walmart.
I picked up a lawnmower yesterday that was blowing oil. Turns out it had

too
much oil in it so it was spewing oil out of the exhaust valve. I cleaned

her
up, changed the oil and the plug, now it runs like a top.
That's a lawnmower, try to find anyone willing to try to fix half the

stuff
out there. It may be shot... or it may be a fuse or loose wire.

I love fixin stuff. Several of the kids battery powered toys came from a
second hand store that had $0.25 Saturday's. I'd buy 2 of the toy and get
one to work. When my TV wouldn't present a picture, I did a web search and
found several discussions of the model and symptom. They all pointed to the
same part. Without even opening the TV, I ran out and bought the chip.
That fixed it. I was in a thrift store today that had 2 decent looking
mowers for $25.

Joel. phx

walt