Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default HP 1210xi no paper feed

Reposting as I had no replies before the scammers buttted in.

My daughter just brought me her HP1210xi all-in-one scanner-copier-
printer. It is what I would call a bottom-feeder, the paper goes in
at the front on the bottom and comes back out the front about 1 inch
above the input.

There is no sign that the paper feed is ever actuated. Holding onto
the paper when a copy is requested does not give any hint that the
feed mechanism is trying to input paper. The scan head / light
assembly does move along like it is functioning normally, just no
paper feed.

Before I start tearing into the machine, are there any particular
known problems with this series of machine?
Any suggestions. I haven't been into one of these machines with the
idea of fixing rather than scrapping in many years.

H. R.(Bob) Hofmann