Old Nick

Default can't pass up usefull trash

On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 17:18:19 GMT, "Tom Gardner"
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

What ****es me off is that my relatives just refuse (pun intended) to
understand!

One of them had a self-propelled lawnmower, that stopped for some
reason. He left it out on the front lawn on one of those "weave out
your wubbish" days, and of course somebody else snaffled it. He was
grizzling because they actually came in and said it did not work,
could they bring it back if it cost too much to fix! That is the
truth. Anyway it served him right..........and so I saw my family
remove fomr my sight either a fixable lawnmower, or a pile of gears
and bits that could have done.................anything!

Then there was my FIL's outboard motor, and an old cement mixer. And
some of these were _after_ I put the word out.

Tell you how bad I am. One day one of the rellies finally offered me a
"deal". It was a fibreglass water tank for $200. Checked the papers.
Good price. Except that the thing was a ratty old thin thing, not one
of these heavy uteback jobs...............I bought it anyway. Ah well.

Hey! I have my wife trained though. She scrounged a heap of that
irrigation pipe that's perforated for me! Boy was I proud! There was
litte sleep in this house that night I can tell you.........I just sat
and stared and stared at that pipe ....G

How many other people in this newsgroup stop and pick up discarded stuff?

ALL