Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jakthehammer Jakthehammer is offline

Default Fluke 79 acting up

"Jakthehammer" wrote in message

"James Sweet" wrote in message
news:Ifwpj.2296$eD3.137@trndny05...

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message
. ..
This might seem stupid, but have you checked the battery? Is the "lo
bat"
annunciator displayed?

It's not displayed, but then I suppose it's worth checking the battery
anyway, I haven't, will do that tonight.

You should check its battery, that's where your problem is. Electronic
meters utilize A/D converter, the converter uses Voltage reference, when
battery is weak it give faulty voltage reference, as a result you get
faulty reading. Do not rely on voltage reading, sufficient voltages do
not
mean sufficient Battery without enough current in battery.

Sorry if I confuse you, let me try again:

You should check its battery, that's where your problem is. Electronic
meters utilize A/D converter. The A/D converter uses bat as Voltage
reference, when battery is weak it gives faulty reference, as a result you
get faulty reading. Change the battery with fully charge.