Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] vk3bfa@hotmail.com is offline

Default How to catch cutoffs

On Feb 4, 6:53 am, "Carl Boyd" wrote:
All

I just finished making 4 spacers, 3/8" diameter, 3/8" long, with a .144"
axial hole. I didn't see any way to catch them without getting in a
dangerous place. 1st one dropped in the swarf in the chip tray and I never
did find it. So I cleaned out the chip tray and let them drop down. Only 1
of the 4 was easy to find and reach. There has got to be a better way, what
is it?

Thanks.

Carl Boyd

I was taught to keep the machine clean, both as a safety ruling and as
a desirable work habit. And it certainly makes finding things in the
chip tray dead easy....

Andrew VK3bFA.

PS its not hi-tech either...