Jeff Wisnia

Default can't pass up usefull trash

wallster wrote:
I'm here to admit my addiction. If i'm driving along and i see a discarded
lawnmower or mechanical something, i have to stop and will most likely take
it. I just cant seem to pass up something that can be made to work again in
one way or another. Most of my tool carts have old wheels on them that i
found thrown away. I have also sold a couple of dozen lawnmowers over the
years that needed a little tlc to get them running. How many other people in
this newsgroup stop and pick up discarded stuff?

walt
http://www.nykeglawsucks.com
To alcohol! The cause of - and solution to - all of life's problems.
-Homer Simpson

Some of the town "refuse collection stations" (That's PC newspeak for
"dump")around here have "put 'n take" tables.

It's amazing the kind of good stuff lots of technologically deprived
folks leave there (particularly in upper middle class towns.) Much of it
needing nothing more than a new line cord or a rubber belt to be back in
the pink again.

I think it's become ndemic to our affluent "throw away" plus "imported
goods" society that the price to "buy" a simple repair exceeds the price
of a whole new item.

My place is in serious danger of breaking through the earth's crust and
sinking into the magma from the combined weight of all the stuff I
couldn't resist grabbing. G

Jeff (Probably the only guy in town whose home has five working electric
brooms in it.)

--
Jeff Wisnia (W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)