Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction
Mark Mark is offline

Default Porter-Cable Omnijig--Worth it?

Jeez, talk about timing. I was writing my own poston this topic as you sent
this one in. Look at the 4212 if you need a basic, but well constructed
unit.

"Mark Witczak" wrote in message
Hey all,

I'm thinking of taking the plunge on a decent dovetail jig. It looks like
the PC Omnijig has all the bells and whistles to make even me look good.
Now the 24 inch version has been slated for release several times and now
scheduled for sale in late February. Anyone think it would be worth the
wait? The instruction video, starring Norm, makes it look almost
foolproof. Anyone have any experience with the 16 inch version? Is it
worth the $450? Is there anything better out there?

Thanks,
Mark