Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_2_] RBM[_2_] is offline

Default Honeywell Thermostat - HELP! PLEASE! I'm freeeezzzzzing!

You may need a new thermostat!!! For temporary heat, assuming there is not a
problem with the furnace: Remove the thermostat from the wall leaving the
mounting plate. There should be wires on terminals R and W, or possibly RH
and W. Remove those two wires and twist them together. The heat should come
on and remain on as long as they're together

wrote in message
I have a Honeywell Chronotherm 3 thermostat (T8602) that is giving me
trouble. I use to override the WAKE, SLEEP, etc. settings and use the
thermostat manually by pressing the up or down arrows to get to the
temp I wanted and then press the hold button. Worked great. Can't do
that anymore. When I set it to the temp I want, the furnace will come
on for a few minutes and then stop. Then the thermostat makes a
clicking noise for about 30 seconds. The batteries are fresh. The
thermostat is about 20 years old. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.