Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Anti-Freeze in Boiler??

On Feb 3, 6:20*am, FLSTCI wrote:
My oil company has suggested putting anti-freeze in my boiler to avoid
the possibility of freeze-ups.
It sounds *like a good idea, but I was wondering if anyone has ever
done it and how did it work??

Specifically, does your system heat the same?? *
That *is, does your home get warm as fast, and do you use the same
amount of oil/gas/whatever with anti-freeze as with water??

Anyone have any real life direct actual experience with this??

Thanks!

In the automotive field ethylene glycol has the reputation of leaking
through places where water won't. Given a perfectly sealed system, it
might not be important, but could be inadvisable in older equipment.
HTH

Joe