Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
JR North JR North is offline

Default How to catch cutoffs

For small stuff and multiple cuts, drill the base of the blank for a
press fit of a length of coat hanger, after drilling the ID. Let it
project past the end a reasonable distance, and you can easily catch the
blanks as they come off.
JR
Dweller in the cellar

Carl Boyd wrote:
All

I just finished making 4 spacers, 3/8" diameter, 3/8" long, with a .144"
axial hole. I didn't see any way to catch them without getting in a
dangerous place. 1st one dropped in the swarf in the chip tray and I never
did find it. So I cleaned out the chip tray and let them drop down. Only 1
of the 4 was easy to find and reach. There has got to be a better way, what
is it?

Thanks.

Carl Boyd

Dependence is Vulnerability: