Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Vaughn Simon Vaughn Simon is offline

Default 48 volt car elect not going to happen

Ken Sterling (Ken Sterling) wrote in message

I worked for the local cable company for over 18 years.... and at that
time, the plant was powered with 60Volt AC. We did all the splicing,
coring of the cable, etc., while AC was on and occasionally would get
a bite. Worst was while it was raining and everything was wet....
however, I understand the entire system is now powered with 90 Volt
AC. We never died.....

As an electrician, I have been zapped by 120 VAC and even 220 VAC more times
than I would like to admit. Fortunately, I am still alive. Unfortunately, that
does nothing to prove that shocks from 120 VAC and 220 VAC are not sometimes
lethal.

Vaughn