Posted to rec.woodworking
DonkeyHody DonkeyHody is offline

Default Table saw motor clicking loudly under load

Sounds like you are still having trouble with that pulley Owen. *I have had
that problem with a jointer pulley. *You have to make sure the sets screw is
TDC on the key.

I agree. Does the pulley fit really snug on the shaft? If not, the
set screw on the key gets it tight at the top and bottom, but you
still have slack on the sides, the tension of the belt will cause the
pulley to wobble as it turns, causing it to click against the shaft
with each revolution.

DonkeyHody
"I'd rather expect the best from people and be wrong than expect the
worst and be right."