Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
anderson2624 anderson2624 is offline

Default 6 " SQUARE TUBING vs. 6" channel Building 25' trailer

The idea is strength. outside frame... if a 4" square tubing can
handle the same stress as a 6' channel that would be my preference.
Logic tells me that might be such but ...

I have a 30 foot manufactured car trailer which works great with 6 inch
c channel... and some small cross beams.

6" 12 ga. channel with 6 inch jr i beams on 16" centers seems industry
standard for trailers which can have a total weight capibility of 16,000
pounds.

I would like to get the same ability with 4 inch 11 ga square tubing on
12 inch centers.

Any ideas out there for me I really need to know just how much weight
this FRAME should be expected to handle... and I am a total doo doo
head when it comes to higher math... but I want to learn

--
anderson2624