Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Franc Zabkar Franc Zabkar is offline

Default Recycling caps from circuit boards - does anybody else here do this?

On Sat, 2 Feb 2008 09:00:59 +0000, Mike Tomlinson
put finger to keyboard and composed:

In article , Franc Zabkar
writes

In fact I find
it hard to throw anything away.

And when you do, a short time later you have a use for a part on that
board you've been hoarding for years and finally threw out a couple days
ago.

You get up to go and retrieve it from the bin, only to see the bin wagon
disappearing around the corner.

BTDTGTTS.

I had to repair a friend's 38 (?) year old stove. It needed a
rewirable fuse block such as was common in old meter boxes but which
could no longer be purchased anywhere. Naturally I had just thrown a
bunch of them away after hanging on to them for several years.
Fortunately I was able to locate a discarded stove (different make) at
the local dump (aka recycling depot) and it just happened to have two
of these fuses in almost off-the-shelf condition. It cost me $3 for
the pair.

- Franc Zabkar