Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott Tim Wescott is offline

Default 48 volt car elect not going to happen

On 2008-02-03, Vaughn Simon wrote:

So, what voltage do the hybrid vehicles run at? I thought is was over
100, possibly 200 volts.

Yes, but that is "apples and oranges". (correct me if I am wrong)
In a
hybrid car, most of the electrics are still 12 volt, the high voltage
battery just runs the hybrid part, and those wires are made very
obvious.

So, in an electric car, the starter is 12 volts?

I thought the electric cars were hand-cranked.

--
Tim Wescott
http://www.wescottdesign.com