Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Table saw motor clicking loudly under load

"Owen Lawrence" wrote in message

TDC? Top Dead Centre?

Yes

So you think the pulley is rocking/wobbling? I really cranked the set
screw and the pulley isn't wandering. I'll be very happy to try a new
pulley/key/set screw before taking more drastic measures if you really
think it'll help.

In the beginning I thought it was my motor also. When I tightened the set
screw the problem would disappear for a little while. I found that if the
set screw does not push down on the key and or flat grind on the shaft at a
90 degree angle, TDC, it can loosen again.

Mine made a distinct metallic clicking/ticking sound with every revolution.