Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Table saw motor clicking loudly under load

"Owen Lawrence" wrote in message
Hi. It's me again. I'm still fussing with my table saw after
replacing the belt. The pulley stays in place now, I think thanks to a
good cleaning. But no matter where I position it on the shaft, I hear a
loud clicking when the motor is running. I think (but I can't be 100%
sure) that the sound is coming from the motor and not the saw arbor. If I
run the motor without the belt it runs smoothly.

This is a 2hp motor and a Rexon RW10 table saw. I bought it in 1993.
Do you think one of the motor bearings needs replacing? What's normal for
wear and tear? Sure it's been 14 years, but it probably only sees a few
hours of duty per month. I hope I don't have to shell out $300 for a new
motor!

- Owen -

Sounds like you are still having trouble with that pulley Owen. I have had
that problem with a jointer pulley. You have to make sure the sets screw is
TDC on the key.