Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair

Default Project idea: cieling shelf for model train

On Sat 02 Feb 2008 08:58:51a, told us...

I just created a new website dedicated to building a display case for
a running model train. The design shows how to build a display case
mounted only six inches below the cieling, that runs around the
parimeter of the room. It works in almost any room, and it doesn't
take up usable space. It is a clasier version than normal, with
plexiglass, crown molding, and a hidden rope light for asthetics.
Anyways, I thought I would share it with the world, and I figured this
was a good place to start. Let me know what you think!

www.ulvr.com/john/train

John

Very nice, John. It reminds me an installation in a very old hamburger
restaurant in Rocky River, OH. They had a train running the perimeter of
the room close to the ceiling for many decades. It was always charming.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Saturday, 02(II)/02(II)/08(MMVIII)
Today is: Groundhog Day
Being down ain't being loser. (Iggy Pop)