Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.engr.joining.welding,sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Desoldering question (Miller XMT welder repair)

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Michael Kennedy wrote:
To be fair desolder stations were incredibly expensive once and even
now secondhand reasonably recent Pace etc still fetch big money. I
ended up making my own. ;-)

What did you make your desolder station out of? I'd be interested to see
since I'd consider making my own as well.

Basically I wanted something I couldn't really find on the market - or
certainly at a price I could afford. So gleaned bits off Ebay, etc.

I like Antex handsets for soldering so wanted those. And easy selection
of two with different bit sizes. Auto switch off after a period of time -
I've set that at 5 hours.

A good buy on Ebay got a Pace SX-80 handset new. Another a Pace pump from
a non working base unit. All the electronics are home designed.
To keep the size of the main unit down the pump is in an external box.

Pic he- http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q...kies/Stat3.jpg

Sweet! What did you use to design / print the front panel ? Last few years,
I've been using the drawing facilities embedded in MSWord (they actually
work very well, and are very accurate, once you get to grips with them), and
then printing out and laminating the result. This is then stuck to the front
panel using a spray contact adhesive that my mate the carpet fitter gave me.
It's very good, but it gives you no second chance ...

Arfa
--
*Many hamsters only blink one eye at a time *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.