Posted to uk.d-i-y
Heliotrope Smith Heliotrope Smith is offline

Default Radiator blanking plugs?

"salesguy" wrote in message
Do they exist? I have a rad off to decorate, and the thermo valve has

just
opened & dumped the system contents into the room/garage.

Can I get a screw on cap anywhere to blank off hte open end of the valve,

or
is there another way to stop it opening?

TIA

SalesGuy

Your rad valve outlet would most likely be either three quarter inch or half
inch bsp.
You can pick up brass or iron caps from the plumbers merchant.

If you use brass then fit these with a rubber or fibre washer.
If you use iron caps then it is best to wind ptfe tape on the threads.