Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default best source for flashlight bulb?

HeyBub wrote:
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Thanks for the replies, all. I'll try HD next.

Always try HD last, and a locally owned hardware store first, unless
you have a spectacular reason to do the opposite.

Bigger is often better.

Not in my experience. HD blows goats. Lowe's is orders of magnitude
better but less convenient. I have 3-4 small local stores farther away
than HD but within a 5 mile radius, all are infinitely preferable to
that Orange-Colored Store (tm.)

I usually leave HD in a seething rage because a) they don't have
something basic and common, b) their help doesn't speak english and/or
seems to take enjoyment in directing me to odd corners of the store
looking for something that they don't have, c) the clientele is
generally ruder and less able to get around without blocking your way
than soccer moms at the grocery store or any combination of the above.

Sadly I am still forced to patronize HD as all but one of the small
stores closes at 6 PM. there is a real business opportunity here for
anyone who has the desire to run a real hardware store...

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel