Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.engr.joining.welding,sci.electronics.repair
Ross Herbert Ross Herbert is offline

Default Desoldering question (Miller XMT welder repair)

On Fri, 01 Feb 2008 07:29:30 -0800, Smitty Two wrote:

:In article ,
: Ross Herbert wrote:
:
:snip
: I would resort to a pure liquid activated flux which sadly is no longer
: produced, Magna Alloys type 87. I still have a small quantity left but when
: that
: is gone...
:
:We use Kester 1544 for hand soldering, and desoldering as well. It's
:fully activated and works very well. At 50% solids content, it's too
:thick for a foaming flux bath, but works well in a capillary dispenser
:for hand work. Maybe you have a Kester distributor there? They produce a
:large and varied flux line.

Kester products not distributed in Australia as far as I can tell. We generally
rely upon the Multicore range which is part of the giant German Henkel group.
Multicore solder products are grouped under the Loctite brand owned by Henkel.
http://www.henkel.com/cps/rde/xchg/