Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner[_2_] Gunner[_2_] is offline

Default build yer own bar feeder/puller

On Fri, 1 Feb 2008 16:33:52 -0500, "Karl Townsend"
wrote:

Gunner, Thanks for the ideas. Looks simple cheap and effective.

One question. The back support tube for the bar does not rotate. Correct?
We'll be running at 4000 RPM for many hours at a time. Do we have to worry
about banging up the stock and tube? Looks like a lot of friction here.

Karl

Nah...it will likely make some noise. Use as small a tube as you can
get away with, perhaps stick some Sched 80 PVC inside. The tube is
just to keep if from whipping. If the noise is loud, simply get some
of that split foam insulation from HD, used to insulate water pipes,
and put it on the tube. Helps bunches

Gunner