Posted to uk.d-i-y
Barry Smith Barry Smith is offline

Default Big masonry drill bits (not SDS)

In message
(Andrew Gabriel) wrote:

In article
ups.com,
" writes:
I wouldn't be surprised if a Chinese 1 metre 25 mm SDS bit and a basic
drill
for maybe £50 was cheaper than a "western" plain drill on its own

I bought a screwfix 1m 25mm for £25 when they were doing them cheap -
fine in brickwork.

CPC do a set of 3 (12,16,24mm) 1m long SDS bits which is often
on special offer for about £8. I've used them quite often
and they're still as good as new. Even if you don't want a long
hole, they can be handy just for reaching a higher location
without having to stand on something.

That's one website I never thought of looking on, which is a surprise
as they are local to me (about 20 miles).

I think my wallet is geting worried :-)

Talking of standing on something... I saw a pair of stilts at work
today. Not sure who was planning to use them but we do have people in
at the moment fitting false ceilings.

Found a picture of the exact ones at
http://www.toolstation.com/images/li...bbig/70413.jpg

Barry