Posted to alt.home.repair
Paul Franklin Paul Franklin is offline

Default Load Handler Pickup Device

On Fri, 1 Feb 2008 07:01:05 -0500, "Pavel314"
wrote:

My wife saw a device in a garden catalogue called the Load Handler which is
supposed to turn your pickup truck into a dump truck. Essentially, it is a
tough sheet of fabric which you put down in your truck bed and dump your
load of mulch, gravel, whatever on top of it. To unload, you drop the
tailgate and turn a crank which rolls the sheet to the back of the truck,
pulling the load along with it.

For $150, it seems too good to really work as advertised. I wondered if
anyone has tried one of these and how you liked it. Details can be found at

http://www.loadhandler.com/

I just posted their website for general information; I'm not affiliated with
the Load Handler people, just thinking of buying one if they really work.

Paul

Have one for my Ranger. I've used it for mulch, pea gravel, and sand.
As other posters said, it probably won't move a ton, but it moves
anything I can safely load in the Ranger. Ditto the comments about
the tailgate lifting.

It's easy to put on and take off.

Only one complaint, and it's not the load handler's issue. Since on
the Ranger part of the wheel wells are in the bed, the loadhandler
belt is narrower than the wide parts of the bed. It will pull out the
center of the load, but not the sides next to the wheel humps. Not a
big deal. On a pickup with no wheel humps in the bed it won't be an
issue.

Paul F.