Posted to alt.home.repair
a a is offline

Default Outlet Wire Connections

RBM wrote:
Terry laid it out very nicely in a reply to the OP. You replied to me. I
merely answered the OP's question. The NEC says boxes must be accessible
without removing any part of the building. I have no idea what type of
cabinets or how they are attached. Without that information I can't be sure
any violation has been created. Code also requires an outlet in the garage,
and it must be gfci protected. Maybe she has one, she didn't say and I
didn't ask. Don't blame me for giving her a straight answer to her question

Well put. Code is the problem of the OP to sort out. How the hell do we
know if she's got seventeen outlets marked 15A on a 10A run, with
plain-jane 14/2 running through her pool to the kid's treehouse?!?

Come on.

PS - I wonder if the cabinet in question is going to be used to store oily
rags - it's always next to the one with the blasting caps in it.