Posted to alt.home.repair
Mike Paulsen Mike Paulsen is offline

Default Adjustable-pressure tub/shower valve

David Saff wrote:
All,

I currently have problems giving the kids a warm bath, because our
bathtub draws more water than our tankless indirect water heater can
produce. If I could just ask the tub to draw less water, that would
fix the problem. Are there tub/shower valves that will restrict the
water flow when the water is hot, adjustable between 0% and 100% of
the available water? Thanks,

David Saff

Install a hand-held shower head with a 6' hose. The flow through that
will likely be restricted enough to let the heater keep up. If the
heater's still having trouble, install a shower volume control:
http://www.clawfootsupply.com/class268