Posted to alt.home.repair
Smarty Smarty is offline

Default Who makes ***GREAT*** replacement windows?

I live in the cold northeast, and am looking to replace 17 windows in my 60
year old house with energy efficient and easy to maintain / repair windows.
This will be an expensive and messy project, impacting essentially every
room in the house, so I want to do it right the first time and make the best
choice I can for the window supplier.

I've been to see Pella, Andersen, Marvin as a first pass. I am especially
interested in dealing with a company that will be around a long time, if
there is any way to predict such things. My current 60 year old windows were
made by a company which went out of business years ago, and parts have not
been available for decades.

If ultra high efficiency has a good return on investment, and pays back
fast, I will certainly consider the premium price as being worthwhile.

Many thanks for any thoughts or suggestions.

Smarty