Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis[_2_] mac davis[_2_] is offline

Default New Nova will be here tonight!

On Fri, 01 Feb 2008 08:22:30 -0600, Steve Russell
wrote:

Hello Mac,

I used both the 110V and 220V models for two show seasons. Most of my demos
were on the 110V for the first season, 220V for the second season. I never
changed the electronics as they came from the manufacturer, so I can't say
for sure which setting I was using. I would guess it was the soft though...

Probably Normal, Steve.. factory default..

The lathes were great and worked very well. I would have no problems
recommending one to a turner. Since I'm from Texas, I would opt for the 220V
model for the extra power, but the 110V worked very good as well. Take care
and all the best to you and yours!

Same model now, the XP.. just a jumper change and plug it into 220v.. and add
1/4 HP, supposedly..
I don't think I "need" 2 hp, but I try to run as many machines on 220 as I can
to ease the load on the 110 circuits..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing