Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Huge changes in eBay feedback

SteveB wrote:

Bottom line, it's not what it used to be. They don't do enough about EITHER
bad buyers or bad sellers. They had a "We don't give a **** attitude
because we don't have to". And they meant it. Now it has come back to bite
them on the ass.

Had they been stricter on some of the things that went on, I believe they'd
be cruising like they were when they were on top. Now, it would take a long
time for the public to trust them again. Their customer service was
laughable. It took outside suits such as the Tiffany thing to get them to
move at all. Lots of people lost lots of money where they shouldn't have.
In this newsgroup, there were hundreds of posts about look out for this one
and that one. Ebay had to know about it.

Referring to the infamous Al Babin? But, actually it went on LONG
before that. There was the infamous cyberbooks, I think. I got bit by
him, and we had to get the Postal Inspectors to come down on him. When
they told him he either made good or they would cut off his mail
delivery at any address in the US, suddenly a bunch of cashier's checks
came out! That was 1997!

Jon