Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Huge changes in eBay feedback

Mark Rand wrote:
On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 16:32:37 -0600, Ignoramus6796

On 2008-01-29, Too_Many_Tools wrote:

Ig, what do you think of this new change?

I think that this is not a great change, as it leaves sellers with no
chance to warn others about bad buyers. Some change was due, such as
calculating seller feedback for sold items only, but this one is off
the mark.

What is your overall opinion/experience of Ebay?

I deal with the business and industrial category 95% of the tie, and
like it a lot, was scammed or disappointed only very few times, and
had only very nice buyers.

I can't help feeling that the underlying problem has always been that people
(from day one) left positive feedback for ordinary transactions. If the
standard had been neutral feedback, with positive reserved for exceptional
performance, then feedback might actually be worth the electrons it was
written with.

Who cares what you call it! Positive is OK, neutral means there may
have been
some problem, but it was resolved or wasn't really important. And, of
course, negative
means Watch Out!

The idea of no neg feedback for buyers is not a killer, as I don't get
to (or need to) check out my buyers the way I check a seller's feedback
before bidding. But, enough neg feedback is a way to eventually kick a
bad faith bidder off the system. On the other hand, you can file a
PayPal or eBay claim against a bad faith bidder, so maybe that is the
better course. Don't wait for his feedback to go negative, file a case
immediately.

Jon