Posted to alt.home.repair
Beach Trading Company Beach Trading Company is offline

Default heat pump -elect coils

On Feb 1, 8:32*am, bill wrote:
Bill,
2) Heat pumps work best when maintaining a constant set point (i.e. no
drastic set point changes or night setback).

Thanks for answering my piece of the question. I called the company
that installed my heat pump yesterday and they recommended that I not
set back more than 5 degrees. The aux heat strips automatically kick
in if the temps need to be raised more than 3 degrees and more strips
run the longer the unit is working to raise the temps. Based on that
I've set the overnight temps to drop 2 degrees and I'll see how that
works. I'm in SC and Feb is typically the highest wintertime usage so
it will be interesting to see the impact of having a more constant
temp.

Rich B
www.beachtradingco.com