Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.engr.joining.welding,sci.electronics.repair

Default Desoldering question (Miller XMT welder repair)

In article ,
Ross Herbert wrote:
My motto is to make lead mounting holes capable of allowing a fair
clearance around whatever size lead is to be fitted, not the minimum
size which will barely allow clearance for the largest pin diameter for
any component on the board. One size doesn't fit all and if it means an
extra drill size then so what. It makes for easier component removal, if
needed, later on.

Snag is the most reliable solder joint is where there is minimum solder
infill.

--
*What are the pink bits in my tyres? Cyclists & Joggers*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.