Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Randy Randy is offline

Default Car Batteries

On Fri, 01 Feb 2008 05:37:33 GMT, "Ivan Vegvary"
wrote:

I'm showing my age!!

Does anybody make a car battery that has external connectors (buss) between
cells. If I remember correctly all batteries use to have this back in the
'50's ±.

Here's my problem. I converted my 1948 Pontiac to 12 volts. All bulbs have
been changed along with the ignition coil and the alternator. (6 volt
starters LOVE 12 volts. Spin real fast!!) However the standard solution to
run the gauges is to install a giant drop resistor. Seems to be an
inefficient way to handle this.

On old batteries you simply drove a sheet metal screw into the lead buss on
top of the battery and tapped as many cells as you needed to get a lower
voltage. Can present day batteries be tapped somehow? Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ivan Vegvary

this should answer your questions

http://www.painlessperformance.com/f...c.php?f=2&t=26

if not search other hot rod or street rod web sites.

Thank You,
Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.