Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Nick Hull Nick Hull is offline

Default Car Batteries

In article
,
John wrote:

On Feb 1, 7:09*am, "Leo Lichtman" wrote:
"Ivan Vegvary" wrote: *(clip) *Can present day batteries be tapped somehow?

Any ideas?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Those bus bars must still be there, only covered with tar, or other black
insulating material. *I suggest you figure out where the correct bus bar
ought to be, and try digging down to see whether you can make contact. *You
might just try probing with a meter lead. *If you find the spot, run a
self-tapping screw in and connect to it.

I've done just this many years ago to power a 6V radio. The lead bars
were there, just buried. However, if you go this route be very careful
and don't blame me if it goes wrong.
The voltage regulator option is far better.

I've done it too, the lead bars are usually submerged under acid. Can
be done, it's messy